It doesn't matter how bad the day might be, there's little better in life than a hug, and especially if it's from your mum.
The best thing about walking down your average residential street is the likelihood that I will be able to interrupt the conversation with the person I'm walking with (or the music I'm listening to) and stop to harass a kitty. Scientifically, stroking cats is supposed to be good for you and for the cat, which effectively means I have a license to love every cat I meet.
Started on Friday 9 December
30. Sinking into a really comfortable bed...specifically Lindsey's bed when I have a girls weekend in Portland!
31. Getting a hand-written note in the mail.
32. Kind words.
33. Cheering on a friend.
34. Fruit on trees.
35. The smell of a rainstorm.
36. New car smell.
37. The smell of playdough.
18. "Putting up" food for the winter.
19. Fresh, in-season, soft, warm, dribbly peaches.
20. Working on my cross stitch.
21. Completing a logic puzzle, especially if I only have to read through the clues once.
22. Making food from scratch.
23. Working in the office on Friday afternoons, or the day before a holiday...it's so quiet, and people are so laid back.
24. The smell of a pipe (the smoking kind, not the utilitarian kind).
25. Receiving a handwritten letter or postcard in the mail, especially for no reason.
26. The memories that come back to me when I wear GG's perfurme.
27. Looking at pictures from sorority days in college.
29. Victorio strainers.
14. The story of Regan's birth, which is really entertwined with Desmond's birth story.
15. The hint of fall in the air, when the wind starts rustling through the trees.
16. Playing a competitive tennis match.
17. Stitch and bitch with my girlfriends.
7. Keeping a commitment to myself.
8. Laying in bed, listening to the rain.
9. Laughing till I cry with my girlfriends.
10. Girls weekends in Portland.
11. Checking an item off my to-do list (or my dayzero list...)
12. Pumpkin spice lattes.
13. Playing "Well, I love you MORE than..." with Desmond.
14. Letting the kids play with my hair. Although sometimes that also hurts!
15. Opening my stocking at Christmas time.
1. Taking a nap in the afternoon with the fan on and listening to some calming music.
2. Watching Regan on the rocking horse.
3. Jeremy's cologne.
4. Soft kissable cheeks on my babies.
5. Chubby baby legs and arms.
6. The first time I can smell spring coming after winter. The same kind of weather that caused fraternity and sorority members on Greek Row to blast music, play frisbee, wear shorts, and sunbathe...even though it was still really way too cold for all of that.
1. Sleeping in.
2. Fluffy pillows.
3. Waking up and the sheets are cool.
4. Severe Weather
5. Clean blankets on my bed.
8. Watching 3D movies in theaters.
9. Bubble Baths
10. Growing vegetables
12. Visiting foreign countries
13. Meeting and getting to know new people
14. Trying new food
15. Trying foreign beer
16. Planting flowers
17. Texting with friends
18. Being healthy
1. Sleeping in
My real friends
5. My pets
Remembering something nice
10. Watching movies
15. Walking in the rain
Listening to music
Finding a song i haven't heard in a long time
20. Pretending I'm singing in public
Getting a little drunk
25. Going out with my sisters
Finding new places
My mom's food
35. Talking on the phone
Having my picture taken
40. Re-reading books and finding different meanings
Even more smoking in the rain
Disney movies and stuff
45. Getting dressed up
Getting good comments about my work
Being asked for help
Singing in the car
50. Partying all night
Meeting new people
Talking to strangers
Going to sleep
55. Staying up late
Going to the theater
Learning new things
Speaking different languages
Remembering good dreams
I added cute boys, Nutella, people with nice smiles, and Tumblr to the list. Go figure.
4 a.m. laugh attacks at work
A beautiful sunrise/sunset
A cool breeze on a hot day
Assembling something on my own (example: IKEA furniture)
Blue skies with puffy white clouds
Checking off something on my to-do list
Coming home to Teddy Bear – he’s so excited to see me
Compliments – giving and receiving
Feeling good about myself
Finding quotes I love
Finishing a project
Fires in the fireplace
Freshly made bed with clean sheets
Getting lost in "his" eyes
Getting lost in the moment
Getting unexpected text messages
Girls night out
Good night’s sleep
Google – instant access to knowledge
Green lights all the way to wherever I’m going
Hand written letters, notes and cards
Having an “I am pretty” day
Having my hair played with
Having something to look forward to
Hot chocolate and cinnamon toast
Hugs from guy friends
Jumping in puddles during a storm
Knowing I am loved
Knowing that "he’s" thinking of me
Laughing so hard that my stomach hurts and/or I cry
Learning something new
Listening to my favorite song(s) on repeat
Looking at old photos
Make out sessions
My awesome friends – and mine are definitely awesome
My mom’s fudge
My stuffed animal, Crumpet
Nice, long, relaxing, hot showers
Old people in love
Payday – and that I have a job that allows me to be happy about payday
Playing on a playground
Random acts of kindness
Reading a really good book
Smell of autumn
Solving a problem
Spending time with my mom
Spooning and cuddling
Stars in the night’s sky
Swinging on a swing set
The atmosphere that candles create
The butterflies in my stomach when it comes to something or someone new
The sand between my toes
The smell of freshly cut grass
The Tiffany & Co. jewelry (sterling silver 1837 ring and bangle bracelet) I want – and will have
The warmth of the sun on my body
Turning the music up super loud, singing and dancing away – and not caring if anyone sees me
Waking up and realizing I have more time to sleep
Warm chocolate chip cookies
Watching Dirty Dancing
Writing on foggy windows and mirrors
Completed October 19, 2010