Sewing-- I love this calming, zen-like craft. I love watching the stitches slowly bloom into something bright and colorful and lovely.
Sea-- I've been fascinated by the sea since childhood. I love the beach, I love the roll and crash of the waves, I love the endless blue expanse on the open ocean, I love the changing colors, I love the romance of it.
Summer-- I love soaking in the sun while I read trashy thrillers by the pool, floating in the cool blue water, warm nights barbecuing and sharing cold drinks, and all the heat and greenery.
Autumn-- My favorite season of colorful leaves, crisp air, misty mornings, apple and pumpkin picking, and chilly nights with a cozy blanket and mug of tea and thick book.
Fireworks-- I love watching fireworks. The lights, the colors, the excitement, the warm summer nights with the blue sky and the damp grass. It turns me right into a little kid again.
Baths-- Soaking and relaxing in the fragrant hot water, with lots of bubbles or a fizzy bomb in a luscious scent. I love reading and listening to books or music in the tub.
Mail-- Who doesn't love getting a real letter in the mail? I love getting something from my penpal, bursting with chatty news and questions and decorated with cute stationery and stickers.
Horror-- Ever since I was a little kid and it was completely forbidden, adding to the thrill every time I got to sneak some home. I love horror. I love being scared. I love old school ghost stories and retro monster movies and modern slasher stuff. I love my old 80s black paperbacks. It's not something you can really explain to someone who isn't into it. It's just plain fun.
Putting on a favourite pair of socks
Wearing a Christmas jumper on my way home from university for the holidays
Finding a long, warm scarf in the sales
Sit wearing my blarf
Putting on some fluffy pjs when it's cold outside
Putting on my dressing gown after a long day
Being able to zip up my long coat at the first time of asking
Having an umbrella with me when it rains even though it was nice weather when I headed out
The weather being warm enough to wear shorts and a t-shirt or vest in Scotland
Meeting a friend for a catch up
Writing a letter to a friend
Receiving a postcard from a friend
Chatting into the wee hours, thinking it's only been an hour
Crying from laughing so hard
Singing along to the Mumin theme song in Swedish
Picnicing in Seaton park
Going for a wander
Sprinkling grated cheese onto hot food
Walking into a kitchen and smelling something cooking
Smelling food baking in the oven
Getting sticky bread dough off my hands after kneading
Watching bread prove
Slicing into freshly baked bread
Eating Hagelslag, either on toast or as ice cream sprinkles or pretty much anything
Making some really tasty mashed potatoes
Making ice in the freezer in summer
My hot drink in my travel mug still being hot when I reach my lecture
Watching marshmallows melt into my hot chocolate
Eating ice cream when it's nearly all liquid
Peeling root vegetables
Grating a whole block of cheese
Watching cookery programmes
Trying to cook a dish I first saw on a cookery programme
Sprinting to cross a finish line
Crossing a finish line
Receiving encouraging messages from friends before a run
Getting a PB on a run
Wearing a finisher's top on a run after completing an official run
Being cheered on by strangers out on a run
Conquering an uphill running segment
Running at the pace I targeted
Freewheeling down a hill
The first push-and-glide when I swim
Pulling out my hair bobble underwater before getting out of the swimming pool
Keeping up with the coordination in an exercise class
Trying a new exercise class
Maintaining my balance when attempting a new yoga pose
Soaking in a bath after hiking in the mountains
Singing along to a song I like on the radio
Singing all the words to Smash Mouth's 'All Star'
Listening to Einaudi piano music
Playing recorder duets with my sister
Becoming emersed in a book that I love
Finishing a really good book and having another ready to start straight away
Standing with my feet in the sea on a hot day
Seeing sun block soak into my skin
Exfoliating after exercising
Writing blog posts
Writing up my planner
Listening to a newly uploaded Brexitcast
Discovering a new political / current affairs podcast I like
Reading live updates about political events
Being sent political memes
Watching a political documentary
Listening to the Chineasy vocab podcast
Pinning photographs to my noticebaord
Uploading a favourite picture to social media
Getting a new haircut
Getting the answer right to a question on University Challenge or Only Connect
Sleeping in clean sheets
Having a nap in the caravan when it's raining
Seeing the tracks of a hoover on the carpet
Emptying the hoover
Clearing away crumbs off a worksurface
Walking into a bright clean kitchen
Being able to pair every sock I wash
Drawing a pattern in a dusty surface
Visiting new countries
Scratching off said new countries on my scratch map
Getting stamps in my passport
Adjusting my watch to a new timezone
Feeling the wall of heat when leaving an airport
Zipping up my suitcase at the first time of asking
Hearing new languages spoken on public transport
Trying to speak the native language to a local
Planning itineraries of landmarks to see when travelling
Trying a local delicacy
Jumping into a swimming pool
Needing to sit in the shade because it's too hot for me
Not having a lecture at 4pm on a Friday
Making a to-do list that I complete
Finding a new playlist to study to
My ideas being incorporated into a MUN resolution
Passing a MUN resolution
Wearing my university pin at international MUN conferences
Referencing a piece of work quickly and correctly
Discovering the perfect primary source for an essay
Ticking off a deadline in my planner upon completion
Submitting coursework 24 hours before the deadline
Celebrating finishing a university module at the Bobbin with friends
Baking-- The feel of kneading fresh dough, the smell of fresh bread or cookies in the oven, and of course tasty goodies when I'm done. One of my fave weekend activities.
Fresh, clean sheets-- is there any better feeling than climbing into a fresh, crisp, Downy-scented bed at night after a long day?
Spring-- Growing up in Michigan with long harsh winters, I definitely learned to appreciate spring. I love the end of the cold bleak weather and the beginning of warm breezes, fresh air, open windows, everything sprouting up green and coming into flower.
Piano-- The most soothing and lovely music to me since I was a little girl. I love both classical and modern piano music, and it never fails to relax me and make me happy. I'm still hoping to learn how to play.
Rain-- Refreshing summer rain with the fresh green smell afterward, chilly autumn rain while you're warm inside, the look of it outside and the sound against the window while you're curled up with tea and a good book. My favorite kind of cozy night.
Cooking-- I love how sensory it is, the sound of things steaming and sizzling and chopping, the colors of fresh ingredients, the feel of them under my hands, the look of the ingredients being transformed, the smell of something simmering on the stove, and of course the taste. I love unwinding with some jazz or swing on and my cute apron on and a glass of wine or beer in my hand while I cook.
Walking-- Long nature walks in the woods or by the shore, hiking through the wilderness, or just strolling around my neighborhood. This has been my place of peace and calm ever since I was a little girl and could spend hours and hours just wandering.
Forests-- I grew up next to a nature preserve and my entire childhood was filled with exploring the woods, with hunting for mushrooms and berries and bugs and learning to identify leaves and wildflowers, imagining myself in a hundred different fantasy novels. It's still the place that brings me the greatest calm and peace.
"Tea is drunk to forget the din of the world.”
― T'ien Yiheng
Well, all cats in general really, but of course especially mine. I've had cats all my life. This is Cal asleep with his tail in his mouth-- since I was little I wanted an orange cat just like this, and I love him so much.
Books-- My lifetime passion and companions.
9. Drinking cold water on a hot day.
10. Holding hands with Dan.
11. That post workout high
12. The smell if clean laundry
13. The smell of fresh cut grass
1. the smell of clean laundry
2. sunny days
3. my dogs acting goofy and playful
4. good coffee
5. completing a difficult project
6. naps in the sun
7. naps on a float in the pool
8. getting immersed in a book
I made a list, now I only have to fill it in
1. My friend
2. my daughter
3. earl grey de la creme
4. my daemon
5. playing video games like Dragon Age 2
6. listening to damn good music
8. buying my own stuff with my own money
9. dressing well
10. buying new clothes that look good on me
11. spending time with friends who truly accept me
13. certain cartoons/anime
14. finishing a song
15. finishing art that looks good
16. selling in the artist's alley
17. compliments on my achievements
18. compliments on my fashion sense
19. making music
20. my gingerbread voodoo doll
21. having my own computer
22. a tasty meal
23. city lights at night
25. going outside in the morning
26. black sesame smoothies (or black sesame anything, really)
27. taking part in a satisfying ritual
28. afternoon tea
29. a clean home
30. laying in a cushy bed
31. whipped cream
32. other good tea that isn't earl grey
33. baking something beautiful and delicious
34. the first signs of spring
35. warm, sunny days
36. silly cute things that aren't puke-worthy
38. when people actually respect my wishes
39. new art supplies
40. synths/gear with flashy lights
41. flowers in full bloom
42. view of the city from up high
43. urban witchcraft / technopaganism
44. food that tastes like nana's/papa's/mom's cooking
45. watching a really close match on esports/tourneys
46. when someone tells me they love me for me, and really means it
47. reading something that validates an idle feeling or belief of mine
48. helping the needy and knowing I truly helped
49. overcoming fear and anxiety
50. developing routines that work
51. cookie dough ice cream
52. my town
54. Blue Goose bakery
55. anything remotely related to Sailor Moon
57. seeing strangers who dress like me or my friends
58. solo walks in secluded places
60. fun drinks
61. hot chocolate
62. good sex
63. when strangers surprise me by being progressive and open-minded
64. when I can relate to a character or personality quite well
65. latino/hispanic pride
66. buffet restaurants, even though the food is usually gross
67. deep conversations
68. multiplayer games
69. playing checkers or chess
71. singing well
72. when somebody else does household chores before I ask them to
73. good movies
74. useful lessons in movies
75. getting lost in a really good book
76. happy faces on food
77. carnival games
78. festival food and novelties
79. being invited to parties
80. publishing a blog post
81. having a job I actually like
82. arcades, especially if modern/cutting-edge
83. self-serve froyo
84. double rainbows
85. other sky phenomena
86. identifying constellations
87. tarot cards
88. ravens and crows
89. watching vivi build or arrange things
90. free samples
91. visible progress in even the smallest capacity, like the ball of lint that forms in the vacuum cleaner
92. high quality red wine
93. good beer, red ale or stout
94. true love
95. wedding gowns and tuxedos in the shop window
96. little kids being kids in public
97. realistically depressing song lyrics
98. Japanese sweet potato flavor and chestnut flavor during autumn
99. seasonal food specials
100. bodies of (clean) water
101. epic dreams
More info on my blog: http://thecapillary.blogspot.co.uk/2010/09/mission-29-101-things-that-make-me.html
1. My pets
2. Babies and baby animals.
1. My pets
2. Babies and baby animals.
1) Making lists and read them
7) COFFEE, COFFEE, COFFEE!!!
9) My camera *-*
11) Antique objects
12) Allan Poe poems *-*
14) Snow *-*
15) The smell of newly washed stuff
17) Rainny days
19) Blue Stuff
20) Chinese food
21) New clothes
24) Tim Burton movies *-*
26) Teddy octopus (they're cute)
27) No school day!!!!
29) Eat in bed
31) Chocolate \o/
32) Nirvana songs *-*
33) Finding money
34) Trying new foods
35) Jonhy Depp movies
37) Going to the movies
38) Cappuccino with friends *-*
39) The cold side of the pillow
40) Sushi *-*
41) Good covers
42) Iced coffee *-*
44) Hugs *-*
46) Enjoying a private joke with someone in the middle of a (group) conversation, while everyone else is clueless
47) Stracciatella Ice cream *-*
48) Sleep overs \o/
49) Taking Pictures
50) Planning surprise parties and gifts
51) Being told that I was right
52) Have a good grade
54) Make people laugh
55) Orange juice
56) Telling a traffic-light that it has to turn green and seeing it turning green the second I say it
58) Trying to throw something in the bin from a distance and scoring
59) Weekends with friends
60) Seeing the people I love being happy and content with their lives
62) Swim underwater
63) Staying up for a night with some friends, watching awesome movies and drinking a lot of coke
64) Sitting in front of a heater on cold days
65) Honey toasts
66) Hold my breath underwater
67) Watch the sunset on the beach
71) Fresh air
72) Sweats and leggins at home
75) Cook of myself
76) Good Dramas
78) Funny stuff
80) Invent new stuff to do/eat...
84) Warm socks
85) Hot tubs
86) Natural views
87) All Stars
89) Movie marathons with friends
90) Shorts and t-shits
91) Joke around with everyone and no one gets offend
92) Cute dresses
93) Smart people
94) To post on my blog
95) Eat with friends
96) Smile to stranges
97) Black and white photos
98) The smell of the dawn
99) Smoke when I'm stressed out
101) Watch series
101 Things that Make Me Happy (:
1. Seeing my boyfriend in a happy mood.
2. My pet birdies.
3. Sleepy mornings without urgency.
4. Discovering a new favorite song & listening to it repeatedly.
5. Laughing with colleagues & friends.
6. Last day of school before breaks.
8. 1st snowfall of winter.
9. Crafting in my free time.
10. Having free time.
11. Happy, playful children.
12. When students say, “I get it!”
13. When students say, “That lesson was cool.”
14. Starbucks on a chilly day.
16. Giving or receiving gifts.
17. Being on the receiving end of a genuine compliment.
18. Wearing a comfy hoodie.
19. Sleepytime tea before bed.
20. My adorable Christmas tree ornaments.
21. Hugging my boyfriend.
22. Sleeping with the windows open.
23. Seeing fireflies.
24. Looking forward to a trip.
25. Bright colors.
26. Getting a card in the mail.
27. Making a new recipe & loving it!
28. The smell of a nice perfume.
29. Driving on a sunny day.
30. Hiking in Wisconsin.
31. Playing Irish fiddle music.
32. Sitting in the gazebo at my parents’ house.
33. Last note performed at a concert.
34. Fresh tomatoes.
35. Dancing without anyone watching & for no reason.
36. When my bed smells like fresh laundry.
37. Going for a run.
38. New shampoo.
39. Being awake before most people.
40. Getting a back rub.
41. Little kids dressed up in costumes.
42. Shopping at Cracker Jax.
43. Pretty, old Victorian houses.
44. Sparkly, shiny things.
45. Watching as a craft project begins to take shape.
46. All kinds of foods… Indian, Chinese, Japanese, Thai, Italian, seafood, etc.
47. Sock monkeys.
48. Relaxing & watching TV.
49. Sharing snacks with Bailey.
50. Snow days aren’t just good for students!
51. Unnecessary drawings done by students on the back of tests.
52. That’s-what-she-said moments.
54. My cute apartment.
55. Shopping at Anthropologie.
56. Watching my birds play with a new toy.
57. Text messages from my boyfriend.
58. Daydreaming about my future house.
59. Browsing images and ideas on Pinterest.
60. Listening to old favorite songs.
61. Completing my to-do list within a day.
62. Going out for dinner with my parents.
63. Getting my tax refund.
64. Pay day.
65. Photo booths.
66. Watching a really talented musician perform effortlessly.
67. Buying fresh flowers or a live plant.
68. Coloring… like a little kid.
71. Wind-up toys.
72. Indian art & clothes -- they’re just so decorative & bright!
73. My collection of magnets on my fridge from places I’ve been.
74. Quoting movies with friends.
75. Learning something new.
76. The mugs in my kitchen aren’t a matching set -- almost all were gifts.
77. Daydreaming about being a parent.
78. Knowing I did my best, no matter what the task was.
79. Scary stories, TV, & movies.
80. Watching old home movies.
81. Lying by the pool/ beach.
82. Laminating things for my classroom.
84. Quaint old towns.
85. New school supplies.
86. Snow globes.
87. The first graffiti in the middle school bathroom read,”Hello Kitty Rocks.”
88. Inside jokes.
89. Funny noises.
90. Pretty designs/ patterns.
91. New tech-gadgets.
92. Swing music.
93. Catching nuances when watching movies.
94. Making a new friend.
96. Matryoshka dolls.
97. Living debt-free.
98. New shoes.
99. Ideas for a new project.
100. Hard-working students.
101. Star gazing.
Everyone should take a moment to think of the things that make them truly happy in life. It will put you in better spirits, and make you more appreciative of the little moments in your day that make it all worthwhile. It's harder than you think, once you get into the 70's and 80's...
1. Mijn ouders
2. Bij mijn jongens zijn
3. Uit eten gaan
4. Slapen met Kitty
5. De hele dag in bed met de iPad op schoot
6. Iets lekkers koken van Big Oven
8. In de tuin klungelen
9. Een opgeruimde keuken
10. Een museum of tentoonstelling bezoeken
11. Wandelen op het Loo
12. Een zacht gekookt eitje eten met een snufje zout erop
13. De frisse ochtendlucht opsnuiven
14. Een middag in de bib doorbrengen
15. Onder de douche mijn haar wassen
Things that make me happy.
1. My camera (a Nikon D700)
2. My collection of old film camera (I have a yashica and an olympus that is still in good condition)
4. Coffee Coffee Coffee
This was actually a lot more difficult than I thought..
» weddings make me happy. i took this photo at my cousin's wedding on Sept. 15. she have a beautiful smile - i also have made a post about it on my blog: http://naotemospatria.blogs.sapo.pt/11223.html
1# banana split makes me happy (or just the ice cream)
[note: photo taken by me yesterday]
6 Harry Potter
7 Anything working on the first try
8 1000 Awesome Things Blog
9 How clean my mouth feels right after I brush my teeth
11 Pumpkins & Pumpkin Flavored foods/drinks
12 The Song "Boys of Summer"
13 Having the best comeback or statement at the right time
14 Friends and Family
16 Finding a good movie on Netflix
17 Baking Cookies
22 nice hotel rooms
23 national parks
24 rom-com movies
25 Norah Ephron Movies
26 Tom Hanks
27 Laughing so hard you can't breathe
28 Ordering the best of the table
29 My Kindle
30 How I feel after a good work out
31 Having an excellent Soundtrack for a Road Trip
32 Partly sunny and 72 degrees
33 Coming up with book ideas with Traci
34 Joking around with Coworkers
35 Finding forgotten money
36 Filling up the Coin Jar
37 Star Gazing
38 Watching thunderstorms off in the distance
39 Fleece Blankets
40 Hitting a green light
41 Completing a To-Do List
42 Satisfying a craving
44 A Warm Shower
46 Animal Watching
47 Christmas Decorations
48 Vacation Days
49 Vegetables right out of the Garden
51 Finding Name correctly spelled on a Souvenior
52 Peanut Butter
53 Babies in Halloween Costumes
54 Remembering a good Dream
55 Great Photos
56 Iced Coffee
57 Recognizing what's outside the Plane Window
58 Getting Absorbed in a good book
59 Free Samples
60 Rocking out in the car with friends
61 Losing weight without trying
62 Trying a new food and liking it
63 Fire pits
64 Traci's Artwork
65 The leaves changing
66 Knowing all the words to a song
68 Successfully cooking without a recipe
69 Exploring new roads
70 Visiting a new state
71 Getting in and out of a store quickly
72 Waking up feeling refreshed, not tired
73 Not having to parallel park
75 Watching a movie I've seen a thousand times, but still enjoy it each time
76 Hearing Meet-Cute stories
77 Acting like a Kid
78 making wishes at 11:11
79 Unloading the car in one trip
80 Sneaking food into the Theater
81 Quiete hike through the woods
82 Playing music in your head
83 Being out in the sun and not burning
84 Having a pen that writes like butter, and nobody steals it
85 Recognizing where a photo was taken
86 The cold side of the pillow
87 Laughing at a joke hours later
88 Having snow on Christmas
89 Business Trips
90 When you start to smell what's baking in the oven
91 First sweet corn of the season
92 Eye Candy
93 Good books
94 BBC Tv Shows
95 Day Trips
96 Getting checked out
97 Halloween Decorations
98 When my attempts of decorating are successful
99 Nose Goes
100 Being the only ones in a movie theater