Happiness is making lists.
Me yesterday when getting ready to meet colleagues for a social game of ping pong feeling like shit under the influence of this cold I am trying not to think about ..
When I haven't followed my instincts, I usually end up wishing I had ..
Balance the influences in life ..
Sometimes it is better to bide one's time ..
Love this simple truth ..
Having only completed 12 things on my day zero list over the last year, I'm not adding anything new so I can focus on what I've not yet started ..
New Years Day: A perfect time to look through my day zero list to refresh, refocus and start planning one day at a time ..
Today I met up with a friend .. she is one of the nicest people I know and out of all the people I know has the most calming influential presence to be around .. I told her this today over lunch and a glass of prosecco .. we were in agreement that although we only see each other two to three times a year living ten minutes apart there is no time lapse when we get together .. refreshing ..
For me each day, whatever the day, always begins with coffee in a specific mug specially saved and only used for that first coffee of the day ..
My plans for today changed but the day is not wasted when given time to recharge for what will be a busy week ahead ..
The power of the mind .. it can difficult to practise self love and be kind to oneself but you need to nurture yourself in order to nurture others ..
Its important to take some time for oneself even when surrounded by chaotic thoughts of all I've yet to do!
A good reminder to self after my son asked me to go Christmas shopping with him around Westfields today, one can get lost in that shopping centre and not find themselves for days ..
The value of a moment is priceless ..
Life can be busy with lots of distractions and thoughts which can take us away from the present moments yet living in the present is important for learning and personal growth ..
101 Quotes That Inspire Me
1. I can be changed by what happens to me. But I refuse to be reduced by it. -Maya Angelou
2. One of the simplest ways to stay happy is letting go of the things that make you sad. -Author Unknown
3. A book can teach you, a conversation can assure you, a poem can seduce you, a genius can inspire you, but only you can save yourself. -Anthony Anaxagorou
4. Be okay with not knowing for sure what might come next, but know that whatever it is you will be okay. -Author Unknown
5. Yesterday I dared to struggle, today I dare to win. -Bernadette Devlin
6. You'll never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of your success is found in your daily routine. -John C. Maxwell
7. In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: It goes on. -Robert Frost
8. When you say yes to others, make sure you are not saying no to yourself. -Paulo Coehlo
9. You'll never get what you truly deserve if you remain attached to what you're supposed to let go of. -Genereux Phillip
10. Growth is painful. Change is painful. But nothing is as painful as staying stuck somewhere you don't belong. -Mandy Hale
11. Peace is the result of retraining your mind to process life as it is, rather than as you think it should be. -Wayne W. Dyer
12. Keep your thoughts positive because your thoughts become your words. Keep your words positive because your words become your behavior. Keep your behavior positive because your behavior becomes your habits. Keep your habits positive because your habits become your values. Keep your values positive because your values become your destiny. -Mahatma Gandhi
13. As I began to love myself I freed myself of anything that is no good for my health - food, people, things, situations, and everything that drew me down and away from myself. At first I called this attitude a healthy egoism. Today I know it is "Love of Oneself." -Charlie Chaplin
14. Someone I loved once gave me a box full of darkness. It took me years to undesrtand that this too, was a gift. -Mary Oliver
15. Be soft. Do not let the world make you hard. Do not let pain make you hate. Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness. Take pride that even though the rest of the world may disagree, you still believe it to be a beautiful place. -Kurt Vonnegut
16. Don't ever feel bad for making a decision about your own life that upsets other people. You are not responsible for their happiness. You're responsible for your own happiness. Anyone who wants you to live in misery for their happiness should not be in your life to begin with. -Isaiah Hankel
17. Live in such a way that if anyone should speak badly of you no one would believe it. -Unknown
18. Respect yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer serves you, grows you, or makes you happy. -Robert Tew
19. That's the problem with putting others first; you've taught them that you come second. -Ranjini Banerjee
20. Worry is a total waste of time. It doesn't change anything. All it does is steal your joy and keep you very busy doing nothing. -Lionel Willard
21. Working hard for something we don't care about is called stress; working hard for something we love is called passion. -Simon Sinek
22. Be there for others, but never leave yourself behind. -Dodinsky
23. If I knew the freedom of letting go, I would never have held on. -Rachel Firmin
24. Life is about balance. Be kind, but don't let people abuse you. Trust, but don't be deceived. Be content, but never stop improving yourself. -Nishan Panwar
25. You will never change anything that you are willing to tolerate. -Myles Munroe
26. There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing. -Aristotle
27. People who repeatedly attack your confidence and self-esteem arre quite aware of your potential, even if you are not. -Wayne Gerard Trotman
28. I understood myself only after I destroyed myself. And only in the process of fixing myself, did I know who I really was. -Sade Andria Zabala
29. One day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful. -Sigmund Freud
30. No matter what happens, no matter how far you seem to be away from where you want to be, never stop believing that you will somehow make it. Have an unrelenting belief that things will work out, that the long road has a purpose, that the things that you desire may not happen today, but they will happen. Continue to persist and persevere. -Brad Gast
31. For what it's worth, it's never too late, or in my case too early, to be whoever you want to be. -F. Scott Fitzgerald
32. To heal a wound, you need to stop touching it. -Unknown
33. If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine. It is lethal. -Paulo Coelho
34. Learn to differentiate between the sound of your intuition guiding you and your traumas misleading you. -Unknown
35. Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end. -John Lennon
36. You are always responsible for how you act, no matter how you feel. -Robert Tew
37. Be so full that even if they take & take & take & take; you can still be overflowing. -Alison Malee
38. Life will only change when you become more committed to your dreams than you are to your comfort zone. -Billy Cox
39. Not all storms come to disrupt your life. Some come to clear your path. -Unknown
40. Sometimes when things are falling apart, they may actually be falling into place. -J. Lynn
41. Never assume that your stuck with the way things are. Life changes every single moment and so can you. -Ralph Marston
42. Often, our biggest disappointments and heartaches lead to breakthroughs and transformations. -Michelle Maros
43. You must want to spend the rest of your life with yourself first. -Rupi Kaur
44. Whoever said the small things don't matter has never seen a match start a wildfire. -Beau Taplin
45. Don't fear failure. Fear being in the exact same place next year as you are today. -Unknown
46. No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. -Aesop
47. Even after all this time the sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me." Look what happens with a love like that, it lights the whole sky. -Hafiz
48. No matter how many times, find yourself and begin again. -Unknown
49. Don't live the same year 75 times and call it a life. -Robin Sharma
50. The key to being happy is knowing you have the power to choose what to accept and what to let go. -Dodinsky
51. You are not required to set yourself on fire to keep others warm. -Unknown
52. Stop letting people who do so little for you, control so much of your mind, feelings, and emotions. -Will Smith
53. When the time comes for you to change or grow, the universe will make you feel so uncomfortable that you will eventually have no choice. -Iyanla Vanzant
54. Self-discipline begins with the mastery of your thoughts. If you don't control what you think, you can't control what you do. -Napoleon Hill
55. You can't calm the storm, so stop trying. What you can do is calm yourself. The storm will pass. -Timber Hawkeye
56. You have power over your mind, not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength. -Marcus Aurelius
57. A moment of patience in a moment of anger saves a thousand moments of regret. -Ali Ibn Abu Talib
58. You are responsible for your happiness. In fact, you create it. You attract it. You manifest it. You are the architect of your own reality. You possess all the tools needed to expand your awareness, to choose happiness, to choose love. You are that powerful. Create the life you deserve. Vibrate love. -Unknown
59. Switch your mentality from "I'm broken and helpless" to "I'm growing and healing" and watch yhow your life changes for the better. -Unknown
60. Do whatever the hell it takes to make you feel real again. -Unknown
61. You don't have to have it all figured out to move forward. -Roy T. Bennett
62. Keep it simple. Cut off the toxic people who destroy your happiness; energy never lies. -Sylvester Monutt
63. If someone gets mad at you for creating a boundary, consider that a good sign that the boundary was neccessary. -Jenn Korf
64. It's not what you say out of your mouth that determines your life, it's what you whipser to yourself that has the most power. -Robert T. Kiyosaki
65. The goal isn't to get rid of all your negative thoughts and feelings; That's impossible. The goal is to change your response to them. -Unknown
66. It is what it is, but it will become what you make it. -Unknown
67. If you find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere. -Frank A. Clark
68. Your life does not get better, by chance, it gets better by choice. -Jim Rohn
69. Two roads diverged in a wood and I - I too the one less traveled by - and that has made all the difference. -Robert Frost
70. Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. -John Wooden
71. I've learned that making a 'living' is not the same thing as 'making a life.' -Maya Angelou
72. To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. -Oscar Wilde
73. Never explain yourself. Your friends don't need it and your enemies won't believe it. -Belgicia Howell
74. Do what you feel in your heart to be right - for you'll be criticized anyway. -Eleanor Roosevelt
75. No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world. -Robin Williams
76. It is never too late to be what you might have been. -George Eliot
77. I've been absolutely terrifed every moment of my life - and I've never let it keep me from doing a single thing I wanted to do. -Georgia O'Keeffe
78. Every day we should hear at least one little song, read one good poem, see one exquisite picture, and, if possible, speak a few sensible words. -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
79. The best way out is through. -Robert Frost
80. Whoever is happy will make others happy too. -Anne Frank
81. I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday, and I love today. -William Allen White
82. Find out who you are and be that person. That's what your soul was put on this Earth to be. Find that truth, live that truth, and everything else will come. -Ellen DeGeneres
83. Just don't give up trying to do what you really want to do. Where there is love and inspiration, I don't think you can go wrong. -Ella Fitzgerald
84. Everything you want is out there waiting for you to ask. Everything you want also wants you. But you have to take action to get it. -Jules Renard
85. Everyone here has the sense that right now is one of those moments when we are influencing the future. -Steve Jobs
86. I live one day at at time, one day at a time. Yesterday's gone and tomorrow is blind, so I live on day at a time. -Willie Nelson
87. Personal growth is about progress, not perfection. -Hal Elrod
88. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that; Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. -Martin Luther King, Jr.
89. Our greatest fear should not be of failure, but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter. -Francis Chan
90. Life can either be accepted or changed. If it is not accepted, it must be changed. If it cannot be changed, then it must be accepted. -Winston Churchill
91. If you're going through hell, keep going. -Winston Churchill
92. You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those that can do nothing for him. -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
93. The man who asks a question is a fool for a minute, the man who does not ask is a fool for life. -Confucius
94. There is someone that I love even though I don't approve of what he does. There is someone I accept though some of his thoughts and actions revolt me. There is someone I forgive though he hurts the people I love teh most. That person is... me. -C.S. Lewis
95. You can't go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending. -C.S. Lewis
96. Failure is not fun. It can be awful. But living so cautiously that you never fail is worse. -J.K. Rowling
97. I do not look at the world in terms of black and white - and I find people who do rather scary. I think it's all shades of grey. -E.L. James
98. Always remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, smarter than you think, and twice as beautiful as you'd ever imagined. Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself. -Rumi
99. The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore. -Rumi
100. Run my dear, from anything that may not strengthen your precious budding wings. Run like hell my dear, from anyone likely to put a sharp knife into the sacred, tender vision of your beautiful heart. -Hafez
101. The best way to succeed in this world is to act on the advice you give to others. -Unknown
Such a beautiful quote ..
Radiating sunbeams .. I like this thought.
Life always seems so much brighter when I feel the sun on my face.
We have a storm going on today by the name of Freya .. I haven't stepped outside the front door all day .. if there had been a glimpse of the sun I would definitely have looked for the double rainbow which always appears outside my kitchen window.
There is something magical about a starry sky, its always hard to see stars under the bright city lights but I always look for them and occasionally I am blessed.
Isn't it funny how easy it is to care for others and neglect ourselves.
Whether given or received its a heartwarming process.
Sometimes a kind word, a simple gesture such as a genuine hello, how you doing, a smile for a stranger, you just never know sometimes how a small act of kindness can brighten someone's day.
Just think, you can tip toe to the top of a mountain, imagine the view when you look back .. amazing.
Reminder to self: I struggle to let go of certain past events which have no place in my future!
I think its so important to appreciate what one has, it doesn't matter how small a part it plays in the bigger scheme of things .. what's gone is gone .. by appreciating what one has, there is always something to look forward too and that's important too ..
When my dad disappeared from my life during my early twenties I went through a period of emotional distress followed by acceptance before learning to let go .. I recently found out he had passed away a week after he died now I'm struggling to process my feelings, trying to find closure and hold onto the memories.
I spent a fair amount of minutes today organizing a folder on my desktop with different word documents for some of the things I am currently working on from my master list of 101 things ... hopefully this will save me from getting lost in my list and stop me getting distracted from the things I need to be focusing on .. I call that progress!
I believe this to be great motivational quote for someone who has perfected the art of procrastination .. namely me!
My dad pulling faces at me through the windscreen as he cleared the snow from the car I was sitting in as a little girl is a memory that has always stuck with me when I think about the snow .. I have few memories of my dad in those days so I'm glad to have this one.
I love it when it snows, everything looks pretty and bright on a beautiful landscape .. snow and kindness are special qualities in our world.
Inspired from thinking about my dayzero list .. the basics are all there to work upon, develop and so bring quality, whether that be working on myself, in the home, in my relationships or creatively, its about nurturing what is already there ..
Inspired from having a list of 101 things to add a little spice in my day to day ..