1. How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are? Whichever age I wished.
2. Which is worse, failing or never trying? Failing.
3. If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do? Because we care about others.
4. When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done? Hope both will be in the same amount.
5. What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world? The fact that most people think that other’s lives are their business.
6. If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich? Being a college professor of literature.
7. Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing? Doing what I believe in.
8. If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently? Would have a child much earlier than now, probably could not end my studies.
9. To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken? I’ve taken control over most of my life since I was 18.
10. Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things? About doing things right.
11. You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire. They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend. The criticism is distasteful and unjustified. What do you do? Tell them why they are wrong and give my own opinion of my friend, but will not stop admire and respect them, because the reason why I respect and admire them has probably nothing to do with what they think of my friend.
12. If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be? Do what makes you happy, as much as you possibly can, without hurting physically or emotionally other people.
13. Would you break the law to save a loved one? Without even thinking. I’d break the law to save anyone.
14. Have you ever seen insanity where you later saw creativity? Yes. There is one friend of mine who I think is kind of crazy, and is not the most well-adjusted person I know, but he writes beautifully, thanks to that deranged mind of him.
15. What’s something you know you do differently than most people? I don’t get mad at people. Never. Ok, 99% of the time I don’t.
16. How come the things that make you happy don’t make everyone happy? Because that would make life boring.
17. What one thing have you not done that you really want to do? What’s holding you back? To have a child. The fact that I don’t have much money, don’t have a house for myself and my girlfriend, and also the fact that I’m too afraid to bring forth a child into the world in this conditions.
18. Are you holding onto something you need to let go of? Fortunately, no.
19. If you had to move to a state or country besides the one you currently live in, where would you move and why? I’d move to the United Kingdom because since I was a child that’s where I always wanted to live, more than my own country. And there are the best universities.
20. Do you push the elevator button more than once? Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster? Some years ago yes, not anymore.
21. Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton? Worried genius everytime.
22. Why are you, you? Because I had to be me, I couldn’t ne anyone else. I’m me, because my mother was she, and my father was he, and my girlfriend and friends were them, and they all made me, and I made all of them.
23. Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend? I think so.
24. Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you? Losing touch with a good friend who lives right near me.
25. What are you most grateful for? My girlfriend and my friends.
26. Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones? Lose all my old memories.
27. Is it possible to know the truth without challenging it first? What is truth?
28. Has your greatest fear ever come true? Not yet.
29. Do you remember that time 5 years ago when you were extremely upset? Does it really matter now? No. It might matter, I could be upset that I just killed someone and because of the trauma I forgot about it.
30. What is your happiest childhood memory? What makes it so special? One time when I told the girl I liked that I was born in the same hospital as she, and she was so happy that hugged me. I never thought such trivial information would have such an impact on her.
31. At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive? When I went with my girlfriend to Paris to celebrate our anniversary together.
32. If not now, then when? When I’m ready.
33. If you haven’t achieved it yet, what do you have to lose? I might never achieve it at all.
34. Have you ever been with someone, said nothing, and walked away feeling like you just had the best conversation ever? I don’t think so, but in my defense I really like to talk and to listen.
35. Why do religions that support love cause so many wars? Because religion is not that simple.
36. Is it possible to know, without a doubt, what is good and what is evil? Nope.
37. If you just won a million dollars, would you quit your job? Nope.
38. Would you rather have less work to do, or more work you actually enjoy doing? More work I actually enjoy doing.
39. Do you feel like you’ve lived this day a hundred times before? Yes I do.
40. When was the last time you marched into the dark with only the soft glow of an idea you strongly believed in? When I did Stand-up Comedy for the first time.
41. If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today? Rita, Inês, Joana and Dinis.
42. Would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by 10 years to become extremely attractive or famous? Nope.
43. What is the difference between being alive and truly living? Being alive is not being dead, truly living is what makes you not want to die.
44. When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards, and just go ahead and do what you know is right? When fighting for a greater cause.
45. If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake? We’re afraid to make the same mistakes all over again.
46. What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you? Walk naked in the summer.
47. When was the last time you noticed the sound of your own breathing? Right now after reading the question and being self-aware of myself.
48. What do you love? Have any of your recent actions openly expressed this love? I love books and understanding them. I don’t think I’ve shown that love recently.
49. In 5 years from now, will you remember what you did yesterday? What about the day before that? Or the day before that? Yes I will, because I was part of a play yesterday.
50. Decisions are being made right now. The question is: Are you making them for yourself, or are you letting others make them for you? I’m letting everyone, including me, have an opinion, and based on that, decide.
Posted 5 years ago • One person likes this